I have over eight years of hands-on work experience in UI/UX design, and front-end development for rich Internet applications and mobile devices. I practice user-centered design principles, basing design decisions on user needs and business goals.
Senior User Experience Designer
Bluegreen Vacations 2013-Present
- Develop and maintain 10+ custom WordPress plugins and themes, from the ground up, which seamlessly integrate with new and existing websites resulting in a 60% time savings for future website build outs.
- Worked closely with individuals across the organization to ensure requirements and needs were defined and designed for, while adhering to user interface and user experience standards.
- Manage the web development team’s project load and time management.
- Teach weekly HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3/LESS and WordPress fundamental classes for both beginner and intermediate associates.
- Aid leadership in developing timelines for large-scope projects, while aligning websites with current and future user and business needs.
- Managed client-relationships by creating task flows, wireframes, site maps, storyboards, taxonomies, task flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, localization, accessibility, visual design and design patterns.
User Experience Designer
Bluegreen Vacations 2011-2013
- Created simplified user experiences utilizing principles of user-centered design.
- Routinely collaborated with designers and art directors to evolve website concepts from flat static files to robust responsive website templates which work across all device types.
- Modified and customized Bootstrap to implement a consistent visual style consistent with external and internal websites.
- Assisted in cross-training the department to create a more efficient and effective team dynamic.
Bluegreen Vacations 2008-2011
- Designed and maintained the content and branding for various company websites simultaneously.
Composed successful creative email campaigns, while effectively meeting clients marketing requests and costs.
- Effectively Worked led a team and seamlessly incorporated all stakeholder marketing ideas.
Bluegreen Vacations 2005-2008
- Re-designed all digital floor plans and logos for over 40 resorts within the company portfolio to create a better user experience and streamline updates.
- Mastered multi-tasking and exceeding expectations with aggressive deadlines and little oversight.
Learned how to enhance and maintain branding requirements considering both the client’s needs and design appeal.
Viacom Outdoor 2004-2005
- Prepped and printed billboards, banners, venue graphics and outdoor signage for MTV, Miami Heat and other large corporations.
- Team member for Viacom Outdoor’s only in-house large format printer within the United States.
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design
During this process, we will define the project requirements. I will learn about your project and all of the tasks involved in making your idea a reality.
Before jumping into the right brain, my left brain has to take care of business. This stage involves researching and gathering inspiration.
Now it’s time for me to dig in. I will go through my creative process and decide on the best idea. This stage includes lots of brainstorming, note taking, sketching and creating.
Once I feel that there are a few string concepts to work with, I will move over to my computer and digitize the ideas.
I will provide a number of designs for you to proof. Once you decide on the design you like, I will make any final adjustments to it.
Together, we’ve reached the end goal! All of the final files will be submitted to you. I will also have a back up on hand in case you need them again.