Achieving high-quality websites and exceptional user experience
Professional graphic design and web development leader with more than ten years of UI/UX designer experience, specializing in front-end development for rich Internet applications. Agility, quick-thinking and an open communication mentality have proven me able to build and nurture client relationships, as well as project manage from concept to execution by directing with user-centered design principles.
Lead Front-end Developer
Bluegreen Vacations 2017-Present
- Manage team of front-end web developers to achieve company goals, department priorities and project load completion for 4,000+ person company.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve UX, by developing wireframes, sitemaps, prototypes, accessibility and design patterns.
- Developed reusable blocks of front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS), that integrates with existing Sitecore CMS platform. This allowed website administrators to build and test page concepts and changes with minimal coding knowledge.
Senior User Experience Designer
Bluegreen Vacations 2013-2017
- Developed more than ten custom WordPress themes and plugins, from the ground up, which integrate with new and existing websites resulting in a 60% time savings for future website build outs.
- Co-directed the design team and back-end developers to define website structure and flow, to optimize existing web technologies and industry trends that allow for the best possible experience for users and administrators.
- Save company actual dollars by teaching in house HTML5, CSS3, LESS/SASS, Bootstrap (v3) and WordPress fundamental classes for both beginner and intermediate associates.
User Experience Designer
Bluegreen Vacations 2011-2013
- Advocated web interaction design best practices, by collaborating with designers and art directors to evolve website concepts from flat static files to responsive website templates.
- Aided leadership in developing detailed schedules and milestones for large-scope projects, while aligning websites with current and future user and business needs.
- Completed detailed programming and development tasks for front-end public and internal websites, as well as challenging back-end server code.
Prior to my career evolution into front-end development, from 2003 through 2011
I effectively navigated the positions of Graphic Design Intern for Leftfield Advertising, a Prepress Associate for Viacom Outdoors and both a Production Associate and Web Designer at Bluegreen Vacations.
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design
During this process, we will define the project requirements. I will learn about your project and all of the tasks involved in making your idea a reality.
Before jumping into the right brain, my left brain has to take care of business. This stage involves researching and gathering inspiration.
Now it’s time for me to dig in. I will go through my creative process and decide on the best idea. This stage includes lots of brainstorming, note taking, sketching and creating.
Once I feel that there are a few string concepts to work with, I will move over to my computer and digitize the ideas.
I will provide a number of designs for you to proof. Once you decide on the design you like, I will make any final adjustments to it.
Together, we’ve reached the end goal! All of the final files will be submitted to you. I will also have a back up on hand in case you need them again.